Parkour and mixed martial arts (MMA) are two sports in which you can often find your body positioned in a variety of intense and unplanned-for postures. To prepare as much as possible, it’s important to search out and perform exercises that condition your body a wide variety of movements. The two skills shown above, come from my background in Capoeira, and are excellent body-weight exercises for your shoulder, back, and core musculature. The first one is an inverted push-up, performed upside-down in a bridge or wheel position. The second is a backward wall walk, where you start a few feet out from the wall, bend backwards, then walk your hands to the floor and back up. It’s critical to keep your trunk and glute musculature engaged to protect your back. And of course, as a precursor it’s critical to have the shoulder and spine flexibility to be able to even achieve the positions in the first place. Having a spotter or trained instructor are recommended for both of these skills. Make sure to breathe, too!
Buy workout equipment here!
- Excited to be an official Level I Coach with @apexmovement. Time to get moving! -- tweeted 10 hours ago
- @NickTNpt cool, huh? Not sure if it is a single custom rig, or if they are mass produced. Google image search... -- tweeted 14 hours ago
- Client's dream chair http://t.co/2BTwdixFvI -- tweeted 15 hours ago
- @pedalpt sounds like a pretty good ratio! -- tweeted 15 hours ago
- Side lunging seniors. http://t.co/5Y4QipH9u9 -- tweeted 16 hours ago
Tags15 minute workout air squat at home circuit training barbell barbell lunge bench dip burpees chest press circuit training circuit training ideas circuit training workout clean and press deadlift dive bomber push-up exercise prescription software fitness garage gym garage gym workout garage workout gymnastic rings hollow rock kettlebell kettlebell swing medicine ball overhead squat parallettes parkour conditioning personal trainer exercise software personal trainer software physical therapy exercise software physical therapy software pull-up pull ups push-up push-ups shoulder press side plank split squat squat jump step-up Strength Mob sumo deadlift tricep extension Turkish Get-up workout